[PC][PS][Xbox] Crossout: Polar lights
The Hyperboreans have already arrived in the Valley! Take part in the “Polar lights” season and unlock the parts of the new northern faction, create brawls based on your own rules in the “Game center” mode, and don’t forget to test the co-driver “Hertz” on the new “Volcano” map!
New season “Polar lights”
Attention! The “Polar lights” season and battle pass packs will be available until June 7 inclusive! On consoles both battle pass packs will become available at 10:00 GMT, February 2.
- There are 75 levels with rewards in the event. Leveling up in the event will unlock new rewards.
- If the player has a Battle Pass, 15 units of the in-game resource “Lighters” are rewarded for each level above 76. A player can exchange a certain amount of accumulated lighters without additional expenses for an upgraded part from the list of available parts or for other available items.
- At the end of the season, all unused lighters will be withdrawn from the game.
- All players without exception (both with and without a paid Battle Pass) can unlock:
- Recipes for the production of new parts. ATTENTION! These recipes will only be available temporarily during the current season. Once it is completed, the part recipes will be unavailable. In the future, recipes for new parts may be available as part of future seasons or in-game events.
- 150 “Lighters”. Accumulated lighters can be exchanged for upgraded parts, as well as for other items at the seasonal workbench. At the end of the season, all unused lighters will be withdrawn.
- 100 in-game coins.
- Repair kits.
- Elements for banner customization.
- Ability to produce a new object for the range.
- Structural parts.
- Containers with resources.
- Coupons for special workbenches.
- New stickers.
- Players who have purchased the Battle pass may receive the following additional rewards:
- New crafted and upgraded parts. Please note that such parts are issued with certain upgrades and cannot be sold/bought on the market.
- 3 new portraits.
- 1000 in-game coins.
- New CKs for the “Fuze” drone and “Omnibox” cabin.
- Cosmetic items: paints, stickers, decor.
- 500 additional lighters (up to 150 pts. in the free part of the battle pass and not including the lighters received for each new level starting from 76).
- Additional elements for banner customization.
- Produced objects for the range.
- “Storage expansions” and “Blueprint storages”.
- Rewards marked with a lock icon are only available in the battle pass.
- Parts that you didn’t have time to unlock can be purchased on the in-game market from other players.
Event level up
- You can increase your level in the event by completing special daily and weekly challenges.
- At the end of the day, all uncompleted daily challenges are reset and replaced with new ones.
- Every Thursday, after the list of challenges is updated, all uncompleted weekly challenges are carried over to the next week.
- Weekly tasks of the season are divided into “main” and “additional” groups. At one time, 4 “main” and 2 “additional” tasks are issued.
- Please note that it is possible to get the maximum level in the event by completing only daily and “main” challenges. Completing “additional” challenges will help you increase your level even faster.
- Try not to miss challenges to open all available rewards as soon as possible.
- When the event level is increased, the reward is issued automatically.
- You can still complete regular daily and weekly challenges, save badges and other resources.
New parts of the season
Machine gun “Gungnir”
- Rarity: epic.
- PS: 1100.
- Durability: 173 pts.
- Energy drain: 4 pts.
- Mass: 270 kg.
- Perk: as the weapon heats up, its rate of fire and spread decrease up to 16% and 80% respectively.
- Rarity: epic.
- PS: 370.
- Max. speed: 80 km/h.
- Tonnage: +1650 kg.
- Cabin power: -20%.
- 25% resistance to bullet damage;
- 50% resistance to melee damage;
- 65% resistance to fire damage.
- Durability: 500 pts.
- Mass: 340 kg.
- Type: heavy.
- Rarity: epic.
- PS: 1500.
- Maximum cabin speed: 67 km/h.
- Tonnage: 7700 kg.
- Mass limit: 17000 kg.
- Adds energy: 11 pts.
- Durability: 460 pts.
- Mass: 2202 kg.
- Perk: when the weapon overheats, the cabin accumulates charges each of which reduces the cooling time of all weapons by 35%. Each charge is active until the weapon cools down. Stacks up to three times.
Machine gun “Nothung”
- Rarity: legendary.
- PS: 1600.
- Durability: 233 pts.
- Energy drain: 4 pts.
- Mass: 324 kg.
- Perk: After the weapon cools down from full overheating the first 5 shots deal 100% more damage.
- Type: medium.
- Rarity: legendary.
- PS: 2100.
- Maximum cabin speed: 72 km/h.
- Tonnage: 6000 kg.
- Mass limit: 15500 kg.
- Adds energy: 12 pts.
- Durability: 430 pts.
- Mass: 2700 kg.
- Perk: Allows you to specify the attack target for any drones mounted on the armoured vehicle (except for the autonomous drones). It only affects the enemies within radar range. When activated, increases damage of controlled drones by 100% for 7 sec. Cooldown is 10 seс. When the effect expires the drones are destroyed.
- Rarity: legendary.
- PS: 1600.
- High explosion power.
- Adds energy: 4 pts.
- Durability: 162 pts.
- Mass: 320 kg.
Ck “Hammerhead fish” for the cabin “Omnibox”
CK “Kobold” for the drone “Fuze”
This update adds a new section “Game center” to the game. There you can create your own modes with your own rules and become a famous master of exciting battles in the world of the Wasteland!
Important! The “Custom battle” mode is now available through the “Game center”, in the “Preset modes” section.
- When you enter the “Game center” mode, you get to the main screen, where you can enter the classic “Custom battle” through the section with “Present modes” or create your own in the “My brawls” section.
- To create your own brawl:
- select a free slot in the “My Brawls” section (or select one of the windows with an already created brawl to change the settings if all the windows are already occupied).
- choose the battle format from the list of the available ones.
- in the “Rules” tab, you can change the conditions of the battle. Among the possible options (depending on the selected mode / map) there are:
- Setting the duration of the battle / round and the number of rounds.
- Setting the time to capture one segment of the base (in case there are bases), the number of control points and the number of points to win (“Control” mode).
- Enabling and disabling respawns after destruction and setting the time until the next respawn.
- Enable or disable the storm in the mode, as well as adjust its duration, starting time and damage dealt by the storm.
- Enabling and disabling the acid lakes on the selected map, as well as parts heating rates and acid damage.
- Setting the number of destructions for victory (“Free for all”).
- Setting the number of laps and the time allotted to complete the race after the race leader crosses the finish line (for racing).
- Setting the number of points until victory, as well as points awarded for destroying an enemy, and for destroying standard and important parts (for the “Slaughter” mode).
- in the “Map” tab you can choose one of the available maps and weather. Please note that the list of available maps depends on the mode and rules you have chosen.
- in the “Blueprints” tab you can:
- Set the parameter of minimum and maximum Power score for players and bots.
- Select the parts that are prohibited in your mode.
- Select the parts that must be mounted on a car to participate in the mode.
- Turn off the ability to participate in the mode with your car and set certain rules for blueprints, including: one blueprint for all participants, a randomly selected blueprint from a list you have prepared in advance, the ability to select a car from a list you have prepared, or a random shared blueprint from a list.
New co-driver “Hertz”
No one in the Valley accepted Hertz because of his excessive fondness for dangerous experiments, which made the young scientist very angry. After years of wandering around power stations and transformer booths, his talents were finally recognized by the mercenaries. For them, the most important quality in a person was the ability to destroy.
Activation: The talent charges when the armoured vehicle moves at a speed higher than 80% of its maximum speed. The next shot at the enemy made from an energy weapon after a full charge activates the talent.
Effect: increases the damage of energy weapons to the cabin, hardware, weapons and movement parts by 30%, but reduces the damage to other parts by the same percentage.
- Protective field durability: +20%. Affects all parts that generate protective fields: “Nova”, “Aegis-Prime”, and “Barrier IX”.
- Heating rate from enemy weapons reduced by 40%.
- Speed and distance requirements to activate bonuses (perks) reduced by 20%.
The talent now charges for 3 sec. (instead of 2 sec. earlier)
Comment: before these changes, Falcon’s talent was activated significantly more often than the talents of other teammates, which made him almost the most effective choice for many players.
Now, to activate the talent, you need to score 2 points (instead of 4 points before).
Comment: the situation is opposite to the situation with Falcon. Yuki’s talent was rarely activated due to the excessive requirements, which affected Yuki’s effectiveness. This change will make it easier to use her talent.
New PvP map “Volcano”
This is a 2-level map for battles in the “Encounter” mode. The location features an area that was once a scientific station that survived a volcanic eruption. It now serves as a place where the Hyperboreans recycle old submarines and other equipment for their needs.
In total, there are 2 main areas that can be distinguished on the map. The first is 2 parallel descents for long-range battles, while the second one is a plateau with plenty of cover and a capture point.
Each descent has 2 possible paths of travel: one leads to a firing position that can be used to shoot on the opposite side, while the other is hidden from enemy fire and will allow you to reach the lowlands without too much trouble. Both descents are connected by a bridge, which can help melee fighters go behind the backs of gaping snipers.
On the plateau, the vehicles assembled for melee fights and fights at medium distances will feel more comfortable. In the meantime, long-range vehicles must cover their allies, keep an eye out for enemy snipers and make their lives as difficult as possible.
- The following maps have been added to the clan battles rotation:
- East quarter;
- Peaceful atom;
- Marble quarry;
- Nameless tower.
- The map “Factory” has been removed from the clan battles rotation.
- Improved one of the spawn points on the map “Station Control-17”.
- Improved a number of physical models of environmental objects on the “Rock City”.
- Implemented minor changes to the environmental objects in the garages of Engineers, Syndicate and Assault force.
Increased the length of the weapon’s physical model.
Comment: of all the melee weapons, “Borer” has the most effective area of damage in relation to its model and can quite effectively penetrate the internal parts of the vehicle. Now it will only deal damage to external parts.
Explosion radius increased by 50%.
Comment: the effectiveness of the cannon didn’t match its rarity. We will fix this problem by increasing its projectile explosion radius.
The rocket launcher now reloads faster by 0.5 sec.
Comment: in order to become a more attractive analogue of the “Wasp”, this rocket launcher lacked efficiency. A small reload boost should resolve this issue.
- Damage reduced by 5%.
- Optimal range reduced by 30 m.
- Maximum range reduced by 100 m.
Comment: the minigun is now over effective at long-range battles when compared to other epic weapons that perform the same function.
Executioner 88 mm
- Explosion radius increased by 50%.
- Blast damage increased by 6%.
- The cannon now reloads faster by 0.5 sec.
- Durability increased from 495 to 545 pts.
Comment: after these changes, the “Executioner” should become a more powerful cannon, comparable in effectiveness to other epic weapons.
The bonus to the reloading of weapons mounted in a single copy has been reduced from 25% to 20%.
Comment: the 25% bonus turned out to be excessive when compared to 15% and 10% bonuses for 2 or more weapons, which leads to an excessive increase in the effectiveness of weapons mounted in a single copy.
Perk damage bonus reduced from 15% to 12%.
Comment: extremely high weapon efficiency with almost any combination of modules. Vehicles with “Yongwang” provided both high damage and versatility in terms of modules — something that vehicles with other weapons cannot provide. The change is aimed to reduce the effectiveness while also preserving the weapon’s main purpose.
- Energy drain reduced from 3 to 2 pts.
- PS reduced from 825 to 550.
- The shield now activates 50% faster.
- Shield durability reduced by 19%.
- Increased the amount of points received for blocking damage.
Comment: the turret was practically never seen in battles. The changes are similar to the recent changes to “Aegis-Prime”: the decrease in shield durability is compensated for by the reduced power consumption and increased convenience of using the turret.
Increasing the number of points should encourage the use of the “Barrier” in a more fair way. Point scoring has also been added to the shields of “Aegis-Prime” and “Nova”.
- Damage bonus increased from 50% to 80%.
- Active time increased from 5 to 6 sec.
Comment: the module shows rather low efficiency in relation to its energy drain. The assemblies with “Tormentor” may have been even less effective than those without it. By reducing the energy drain, we can make the module a necessary part for mounting on a vehicle, so we choose another option and increase the damage bonus.
- Tonnage increased from 3800 to 3900 kg.
- Mass limit increased from 7800 to 8000 kg.
- Time to reset the charge when driving in a non-straight line increased from 0.5 sec. up to 1 sec.
Comment: the changes are aimed at increasing the efficiency of “Aggressor” in comparison to similar and more attractive cabins.
Turning radius reduced.
Reinforced track, Armored track and “Goliath”
- Turning radius reduced.
- Increased turning speed on the spot.
Comment: adjustments to the tracks will make them more responsive and maneuverable.
“Icarus IV” and “Icarus VII”
- Fixed a bug in calculating the acceleration of hovers: now the mass of the car and the number of hovers have a greater impact on acceleration.
- Reduced the effect of acceleration on the tilting of the “Icarus VII” hovers.
- Now the effects of hovers are visible in stealth mode. The detection distance is comparable to the visibility of traces from ground movement parts.
Comment: the change in acceleration will primarily affect the cars with high PS level with a large number of hovers. The invisibility fix will equalize hovers with ground movement parts in terms of detection when using invisibility modules.
- Damage reduced by 8%.
- Optimal range reduced by 30 m.
- Maximum range reduced by 100 m.
Comment: as with the “Equalizer”, this minigun is over effective at long-range battles when compared to other epic weapons that perform the same function.
- Improved physical model of the weapon.
- Accuracy increased by 11%.
- Optimal range increased by 50 m.
Comment: the physical model has become smaller and closer to the weapon’s visual model. The change should increase the survivability of weapons and make the process of building cars with this minigun more convenient. The remaining changes are aimed at improving the effectiveness of the weapon at long range.
- Now the penalty to the weapon’s rotation speed is 33% (instead of 61% before).
- Now, when the weapon is charged for too long and then being reset, it heats up by 50% (instead of 100% before).
- Accuracy without charging increased by 11%.
Comment: using the “Assembler” will become more convenient, and the cost of a possible error will no longer be so high.
Now the weapon fires 2 more shots per burst.
Comment: Increasing the burst length should improve the overall efficiency of the weapon, but make the use of the perk more dependent on the player’s skills.
- Tonnage reduced from 4700 kg to 4600 kg.
- Mass limit reduced from 8850 kg to 8700 kg.
- Perk duration reduced from 5 to 4 sec.
- Perk cooldown increased from 15 sec. to 16 sec.
Comment: thanks to its perk, “Kami” can weaken many of the enemy weapons too much, making them less useful in battles. The cabin parameters are returning to their original (release) state, and the perk’s active time is reduced, which should slightly reduce the cabin’s efficiency and increase the relevance of other parts.
Projectile explosion now deals 100% more damage to the player’s armoured car.
Comment: in its original form, the weapon could be used as a kind of “reusable spear”, by firing at the enemy at close range. We would like to reduce the popularity of this type of gameplay by slightly increasing its risks.
- Added 90% resistance to melee damage to the weapon’s disks.
- Disk durability reduced from 100 to 50 pts.
- The physical model of the disk is increased to match the size of the visual model.
Comment: the edit is aimed at improving the disk launcher’s perk. Now a disk stuck in the ground will not be destroyed by a collision and will have time to deal more damage. Changing the physical model of the disks should also increase the chance of dealing damage this way.
Now, the controllability of the armoured car will change if the parts that have a strong effect on the armoured car’s center of mass are destroyed.
- Added a leaderboard based on the number of subscribers to the “Top Authors” section of the exhibition.
- Optimized the display of blueprints on the exhibition.
- Most raids no longer require holding a key to activate or deactivate objects. “Frontier defence” raid is an exception.
- Arrows on the minimap are now displayed over the base icon to make it easier to determine the amount of players located there.
- Now the players of the allied and opposing teams are sorted in the lists before the start of the battle based on the Power score of their armoured cars.
- Improved the display of several in-game events windows on the garage screen: now banners replace each other less often.
- [PC] Simplified the usage of the search field on the exhibition: now you can use the enter key if you only have one possible option, or the arrow keys to select the option you want.
- Added a new music track for the garage specifically for the “Polar lights” season:
- Fixed the binding of sound effects for various weather conditions on the “Ship graveyard” map.
- Improved the handbrake mechanics:
- Now the braking distance when using the handbrake has become shorter.
- Now you cannot continue to move forward while the handbrake is used. Disabling the handbrake no longer results in an immediate acceleration.
- When making turns, the reduction in speed is not as severe as when driving in a straight line. This is done in order to preserve the ability to use the handbrake to start drifting.
- Updated the visual and physical models of the “Armored track”.
- Now the rockets of the “Wasp”, “Pyralid”, “Cricket”, “Snowfall”, “Locust” and “Waltz” rocket launchers have their own visual effects under the effect of the “Steppe spider” cabin’s perk.
- Improved the effect of the disappearance of exploding barrels (range objects) during their mass destruction.
- Fixed a bug where the mechanical legs would turn the car on its own if it was standing on an uneven surface.
- Fixed a number of bugs on maps that caused raiders to get stuck in environment objects.
- Fixed a bug where the “Arothron” shotgun ignored the parts that can be shot through and dealt full damage to them.
- Fixed a bug where the “Damage” column was missing in the parameters of some weapons.
- Fixed a bug with incorrect spawn points for player cars in various modes on the “Wrath of Khan” map.
- Fixed a number of errors that caused enemies to get stuck in raids on the “Cursed mines” and “Ship graveyard” maps.
- Fixed a bug where the firing sound of rocket turrets in raids didn’t match their type.
- Fixed a bug with incorrect target selection by bots when they were using “Kaiju” or artillery.
- Fixed a bug where various perks that increase energy damage affected the damage from the contact of a flying “Jubokko” mine with an enemy vehicle. The perks now increase only the damage that passes through the cable of the mine, but not when the mine comes into contact with the vehicle.
- Fixed flickering of one of the objects on the Assault force garage map.
- Fixed incorrect display of the glass windows on the range of the Engineer garage.
- Fixed a bug where the aim assist while using a gamepad could react to “allied” environmental objects in raids.
- Improved a number of texts, descriptions and icons.