New map “Ashen Ring”, final iteration of the upgrade mechanics and parts of the new faction. Mass testing
Survivors! Today we are launching the last test before the big update 0.11.0. This time you can see almost final variants of changes and innovations that we plan to include in this update.
We remind you that all innovations described in the “Developer blog” are not final and may be changed before they are introduced into the game or not appear at all. You can find out more about the changes on a special test server!
New map “Ashen ring”
Even after the disaster, there are those who have not stopped trying to solve all the mysteries of the universe. Dawn's Children are one of them. They believe they can save civilization. But you can't bring back what's already dead. If they do not stop in time, those pitiful particles of life that are trying hard to grow in the cracked and dusty Wasteland, which has become a new home for Man, will die.
And now tens of thousands of reasons why the target never justifies the means fall from the sky. This ash covers the lifeless soil around the science complex with a hot blanket. This ashes wraps up the armoured cars and their owners who have decided to test their luck. Another wanderer who has attempted something more. This ash is a reminder that the most valuable things can be easily lost twice.
New faction parts
Today we are again giving you the parts of a new fraction from the last test and adding to them a new radar “Verifier”, new wheels “Tough” and the long-awaited mechanical legs “Bigram”.
There are also some changes:
The “Blockchain” plasma torch
After the tests and your feedback, we decided to refine the mechanics of the plasma torch's perk. Test, combine it with other tools and different cabins and share your opinion in a special topic!
- In order for the drone to start attacking the enemy, it is necessary to aim and press the drone start button again.
- Now the drone attacks only the enemy that is in the special scope area and stops attacking it 1 second after you stop aiming at it.
- If your opponent is hiding behind an obstacle, the drone also stops attacking it 1 second after you stop aiming at it.
We are waiting for your feedback on the updated mechanics of the drone “Annihilator”! Would you like to see something similar for all other drones?
Item upgrade rework
During the test, all owners of already upgraded parts will be able to check how their parts can change with the update. We remind you of the main points of how the already improved parts will be transferred to the new system:
- If the old type of bonus is included in the new upgrade system, it will be saved. Additional random bonuses from other groups will be added to it. The number of additional bonuses depends on the number of upgrade groups for each part.
- If the old upgrade is not included in the new list of possible bonuses, all new bonuses will be randomly selected.
- If you want to upgrade this part again, you will need to use two more of the same parts as usual.
- ATTENTION: if you had multiple same upgraded parts (with the same bonus), then, after the update, they will receive the same additional perks.
Here's a concrete example. Suppose you have the GL-55 Impulse with increased blast damage enhancement. Well, then:
- Your Impulse will still have a bonus for explosive damage. If the bonus is somehow changed in the new system, then your old bonus will also be changed.
- This bonus will be added with two more random bonuses from the other two groups.
- If you had multiple Impulses with the same damage bonus, then all of them will receive the same additional bonuses.
If, however, your Impulse has had an improvement, for example, for the decrease of the recoil (which we plan to remove), the grenade launcher will receive three new random bonuses.
Explosive damage and radars
As a result of two tests, we decided to stop at the first option:
- Now the radars don't absorb the damage from the explosion of the shell hitting them.
- When hit, the projectile deals some damage to the radar, flies through it, and the explosion and blast damage passes through the nearest parts to the radar, following the path of the projectile's flight.
- The explosion occurs either after contact with a structural part or, if there are no structural parts on the projectile's flight path, the last radar in the projectile's path.
- The unique features of the weapon are still triggered by contact with the radars. That is, the very fact of hitting an armoured vehicle is counted (when, for example, only the radar is in the path of the projectile flight and there are no other parts behind it).
- Exploding shells of the Phoenix crossbow are still attached to the radar if they are hit by it. And the same radar is the epicenter of the explosion.
Developer comment: Both variants (both updated mechanics and limit) solve the problem of radar armor, but the introduction of the limit can lead to the fact that many crafts simply can not go into battle until there is only one radar left on the car. Updated mechanics eliminates the need to remove unnecessary parts, acts like the already familiar mechanics of the interaction of explosive shells and decor, and does not introduce additional restrictions in build mode.
For this test, we fixed all the bugs related to the acceleration of cars that may have been observed during the previous tests. Let us remind you that the only modification of the hover in the nearest update is a 14% drop in altitude of cars with hovers.
Now, with several installed Aegis-Prime shields, the duration of the shield is reduced by 30% for each other shield that is currently being recharged:
- You have 3 Aegis-Prime installed and all three are ready for activation.
- The first shield activated will work for 4 seconds and then begin recharging.
- If you activate the next shield while the first one is recharging, its duration will be reduced by 30%.
- If you activate the third shield while the first two are recharging, its duration will be reduced by 60%.
In the test, we also offer you to see the changes in the characteristics of "special cabins". We remind you that in this update we do not plan to change the principle of energy distribution in all cabins.
How to get to the test server?
If you have already participated in testing on a special server, then it will be enough to start the Launcher from the folder with the test client and wait for the update to complete.
- Create a new folder for the game on your hard drive.
- Download the Launcher from this link. The file name should not contain numbers indicating that the file is a duplicate. Please note that you should launch the file that does not contain any digits (1), (2), etc. in its name. If, when starting the installed launcher, you get to the live game servers, you need to delete all downloaded launchers from the download folder and try again.
- Start the Launcher and install the game to the folder you created (for example: D:\Public test\Crossout).
- After the installation is complete, start the Launcher and enter the game with your username and password.
- The whole progress of your main account will be transferred to the main server (including parts in storage and levels of reputation in factions).
- After logging in to the server to transfer the progress from your account, you must press the “Esc” key and select “Copy account data”.
- Please note the schedule of the test server:
- Friday, January 31, 2020: from 14:00 to 19:00 (GMT time)
- Saturday, February 1, 2020 from 15:00 to 18:00 (GMT)
- Sunday, February 2, 2020 from 15:00 to 18:00 (GMT)
- Any progress you make on the test server will not be transferred to the live game servers (INCLUDING ATTEMPTS TO BUY PACKS).
After testing the changes, we invite you to leave your constructive feedback on the planned rework in THIS THREAD (it will open a bit later after the launch of the test server).
You may leave your bug reports regarding all the issues you’ve encountered on the test server HERE.
The public test server is intended only for testing of the upcoming update, and may not accommodate all players without exception. However, absolutely anyone can join the server, as long as there are free spots.