The map “Chemical Plant” and new game modes. Mass testing
Today, the test server will once again open for everyone. What changes await us this time?
Please note that all the features and changes described in this blog are preliminary and may still be changed before the final release on the game servers.
New PvP map “Chemical Plant”
The map is zoned by roads that remained at the factory. Wide and open driveways provide a good overview and lines of sight for some sections of the map. Numerous factory buildings serve as shelters and provide ample space for manoeuvring armoured vehicles focused on melee range.
The battles on the map will follow the “Domination” scenario. Three main points are located on the map — the railway station, the place of the convoy explosion and the “treatment facilities/chemical workshop”
Heavy vehicles can immediately try to capture the central base, and fast cars can capture the nearest point and then get closer to the battlefield or get to the farthest point and capture it.
New game modes
Please note that new modes are available in “Custom battle” on the test server. At the moment, we have no plans to include these modes in the brawl schedule. With the release on game servers, the modes can become missions or activities for special events or tournaments.
The mode is a PvP battle in the “Best of 3” format (the winner is determined by the results of several rounds). The main feature of the mode is the familiar mechanic of repairing an armoured car. Let us remind you of the basic principles of this mechanic:
- Entering repair mode is done by pressing and holding the “R” key (by default, you can assign another key in the control settings).
- Entering repair mode takes 2 seconds. At any time you can exit it by pressing the same key, but it will also take 2 seconds.
- Repair cannot be started after activation of self-destruction.
- During repair:
- The player cannot control the armoured vehicle.
- Melee weapons and suspension parts do not deal damage to opponents during the repair process.
- During repairs, the effect of stealth is disabled, your own and allied harpoons are unhooked and the “Contact 2M” docking module is disconnected.
- The repair procedure is as follows:
- First, the parts belonging to the categories “Movement” and “Frame” are repaired.
- Then your weapons are repaired.
- All other parts, including hardware, structural parts and decor, are repaired last.
- The order of repair within each category is determined by how close the parts are to the cabin. Parts located far from the cabin will be repaired later than all others.
- First, the part is repaired with 0 durability. Then its durability is gradually restored to 100%. Immediately after this, repair of the next part in queue begins.
- The higher the rarity of the vehicle's cabin, the faster the repair of the car.
- For penetrable parts and parts that are resistant to certain types of damage, there are modifiers to their repair speed, since the “effective durability” of such parts is higher than that of conventional parts.
- Any damage taken, as well as attached harpoons of enemy “Skinners” and “Kapkans” automatically interrupt repairs.
- After the repair, all explosive parts (generators, barrels, spears, ammunition) no longer explode. The appearance of the repaired explosive spears may differ from the original.
- After the repair, the number of shells of your weapon is not restored.
- Repaired ammunition modules no longer increase your weapon’s ammunition.
- Repaired fuel barrels and tanks do not give you fuel, even after the successful completion of the battle.
Fight against opponents in intense close combat! The battle takes place on prebuilt cars with boosters and the “Tusk” cabin, which means that your skills, reaction and cunning will play the main role. Maneuver constantly, try to ram the enemy at maximum speed and remember to monitor the battlefield! Who knows, maybe at that moment someone's tusks are ready to tear your “Boar” to pieces?
Big bad flamers
Flamethrowers, boosters, harpoons and hovers — what else can you need for a crazy brawl? Harpoon and burn everything that moves, because it is this deceptively simple tactic that is the key to victory!
Changes in the inertia of hovers
Thanks to the previous mass testing and your reviews, we made the necessary changes and achieved the correct behavior on hovers, which helps cars climb inclined surfaces not due to inertia, but due to traction (like cars with wheels) and, at the same time, they will not be able to climb into many places on maps that are not available to other movement parts. We suggest you try out updated hovers and share your opinion in a special thread!
How to get to the test server?
If you have already participated in testing on a special server, then it will be enough to start the Launcher from the folder with the test client and wait for the update to complete.
- Create a new folder for the game on your hard drive.
- Download the Launcher from this link. The file name should not contain numbers indicating that the file is a duplicate. Please note that you should launch the file that does not contain any digits (1), (2), etc. in its name. If, when starting the installed launcher, you get to the live game servers, you need to delete all downloaded launchers from the download folder and try again.
- Start the Launcher and install the game to the folder you created (for example: D:\Public test\Crossout).
- After the installation is complete, start the Launcher and enter the game with your username and password.
- The whole progress of your main account will be transferred to the main server (including parts in storage and levels of reputation in factions).
- After logging in to the server to transfer the progress from your account, you must press the “Esc” key and select “Copy account data”.
- Please note the schedule of the test server:
- Friday, August 23, 2019: from 14:00 to 19:00 (GMT time)
- Saturday, August 24, 2019 from 15:00 to 18:00 (GMT)
- Sunday, August 25, 2019 from 15:00 to 18:00 (GMT)
- Any progress you make on the test server will not be transferred to the live game servers (INCLUDING ATTEMPTS TO BUY PACKS).
After testing the changes, we invite you to leave your constructive feedback on the planned rework in THIS THREAD (it will open a bit later after the launch of the test server).
You may leave your bug reports regarding all the issues you’ve encountered on the test server HERE.
The public test server is intended only for testing of the upcoming update, and may not accommodate all players without exception. However, absolutely anyone can join the server, as long as there are free spots.