Vehicle repairs. Mass testing
We welcome the survivors from all corners of the Wasteland!
Have you ever wondered, how nice would it be to repair a few parts in the midst of a heated battle and use the second wind to attack those who left you without weapons or other vital components of your car? Then this developer blog and the future mass testing are for you!
Please keep in mind that part repairs is a test mechanic and there is no guarantee that it will reach the live servers in the current or any other form. The final information about this will be published only in the upcoming news items.
Before the testing begins, let us describe the main points of the new mechanic:
- Entering repair mode is done by pressing the “P” key (by default, you can assign another key in the control settings).
- Entering repair mode takes 2 seconds. At any time you can exit it by pressing the same key, but it will also take 2 seconds.
- The repair cannot be started after activation of self-destruction.
- During repair:
- The player cannot control the armoured vehicle.
- Melee weapons and suspension parts do not deal damage to opponents during the repair process.
- During repairs, the effect of stealth is disabled, your own and allied harpoons are unhooked, and the "Contact 2M" docking module is disconnected.
- The repair procedure is as follows:
- First, the parts belonging to the categories “Movement” and “Frame” are repaired.
- Then your weapons are repaired.
- All other parts, including hardware, structural parts and decor, are repaired last.
- The order of repair within each category is determined by how close the parts are to the cabin. Parts located far from the cabin will be repaired later than all others.
- First, the part is repaired with 0 durability. Then its durability is gradually restored to 100%. Immediately after this, repair of the next part in queue begins.
- The higher the rarity of the vehicle's cabin, the faster the repair of the car.
- Enabled repair speed modifiers for penetrable parts and parts resistant to certain damage types, since the durability of such parts is higher than that of common parts.
- Any damage taken, as well as attached harpoons of enemy “Skinners” and “Kapkans” automatically interrupt repairs.
- After the repair, all explosive parts (generators, barrels, spears, ammunition) no longer explode. The appearance of the repaired explosive spears may differ from the original.
- After the repair, the number of shells of your weapon is not restored.
- Repaired ammunition modules no longer increase your weapon’s ammunition.
- Repaired fuel barrels and tanks do not give you fuel, even after the successful completion of the battle.
Launch of a special test server
Today we invite everyone to try out how the changes will affect the gameplay on our test server.
How to get to the test server?
If you have already participated in testing on a special server, then it will be enough to start the Launcher from the folder with the test client and wait for the update to complete.
- Create a new folder for the game on your hard drive.
- Download the Launcher from this link. The file name should not contain numbers indicating that the file is a duplicate. Please note that you should launch the file that does not contain any digits (1), (2), etc. in its name. If, when starting the installed launcher, you get to the live game servers, you need to delete all downloaded launchers from the download folder and try again.
- Start the Launcher and install the game to the folder you created (for example D:\Public test\Crossout).
- After the installation is complete, start the Launcher and enter the game with your username and password.
- The whole progress of your main account will be transferred to the main server (including parts in storage and levels of reputation in factions).
- After logging in to the server to transfer the progress from your account, you must press the “Esc” key and select “Copy account data”.
- Please note the schedule of the test server:
- Friday, June 28, 2019: from 14:00 to 19:00 (GMT time)
- Saturday, June 29, 2019, from 15:00 to 18:00 (GMT)
- Sunday, June 30, 2019, from 15:00 to 18:00 (GMT)
- Any progress you make on the test server will not be transferred to the live game servers (INCLUDING ATTEMPTS TO BUY PACKS).
After testing the changes, we invite you to leave your constructive feedback on the planned rework in THIS THREAD (it will open a bit later after the launch of the test server).