Changes in the impact of explosive damage on decor. Mass testing
Greetings to all survivors!
Today we will discuss one of the most frequently asked questions — the rework of the interaction of decor with projectiles that deal explosive damage. The test version of the changes is ready, and we will give you the opportunity to evaluate them yourself on a special server. But first things first.
To begin with, let's describe how the current version of the mechanic works. The game has a lot of different decor: from small brake lights and horns to the impressive “Inflatable Mammoths”, “Neon Santas” and New Year trees. Each decor is a separate part with its own parameters of durability and weight, as well as a collision model. When a cannon projectile hits, decor with a large collision model (such as the already mentioned “Inflatable Mammoth” and “Neon Santa”), installed in a certain way, can take all the damage, acting like armour. This game feature is quite interesting from the point of view of creative design solutions, but it does not correspond to the cosmetic role of decor that we and many players expect. Perhaps we will return to this feature in the future if the decision is made to create a separate new “Armour” part class, but the decor has no such role, in our opinion.
So what's changed?
The decor will no longer absorb the damage from projectile explosions. When hit, the projectile will destroy the decor, and the explosion and damage will apply to the closest parts in the direction of the projectile. The maximum search angle for the nearest part relative to the point of contact with the decor is 45°.
Let's have a look at an example of the new mechanics. If a projectile hit to the “Inflatable Mammoth” now destroys only the decor itself, then after the changes, the explosion takes place directly on the part “Buggy Trunk” to which it is attached, and destroys the part.
- All the decor, which is installed between the point of impact of the projectile and the part that will take explosion, will also be destroyed.
- Unique weapon perks will be triggered by contact with decor. So the fact of hitting the armoured vehicle will count (when, for example, only the decor is in the path of the projectile's flight, and there are no other parts behind it).
- As for the Phoenix crossbow and the mechanics of its projectile explosions, they will still be attached to the decor if they hit it, and this same decoration will be the epicentre of the explosion.
- When hitting the decor, the shell of the "Executioner 88 mm" gun will begin to penetrate the parts from the point of the explosion center, i.e. from the nearest structural part.
Because of the announced changes, we are cancelling all current requests for decor purchase on the market. The coins or the decor itself should return to the warehouses to their owners.
Launch of a special test server
Today we invite everyone to try out how the changes will affect the gameplay on our test server.
How to get to the test server?
If you have already participated in testing on a special server, then it will be enough to start the Launcher from the folder with the test client and wait for the update to complete.
- Create a new folder for the game on your hard drive.
- Download the Launcher from this link. The file name should not contain numbers indicating that the file is a duplicate. Please note that you should launch the file that does not contain any digits (1), (2), etc. in its name. If, when starting the installed launcher, you get to the live game servers, you need to delete all downloaded launchers from the download folder and try again.
- Start the Launcher and install the game to the folder you created (for example D:\Public test\Crossout).
- After the installation is complete, start the Launcher and enter the game with your username and password.
- The whole progress of your main account will be transferred to the main server (including parts in storage and levels of reputation in factions).
- After logging in to the server to transfer the progress from your account, you must press the “Esc” key and select “Copy account data”.
- Please note the schedule of the test server:
- Friday, May 24, 2019 from 14:00 to 19:00 (GMT)
- Saturday, May 25, 2019 from 15:00 to 18:00 (GMT)
- Sunday, May 26, 2019 from 15:00 to 18:00 (GMT)
- Any progress you make on the test server will not be transferred to the live game servers (INCLUDING ATTEMPTS TO BUY PACKS).
After testing the changes, we invite you to leave your constructive feedback on the planned rework in THIS THREAD ( it will open after the launch of the test server).