Changes and new features in progress. Special test server
Preparations for the future update 0.10.70 are in full swing, and the update itself is scheduled for next week. This means that it is time to get acquainted with all the significant changes and features that are currently being tested on a special server and may appear the game, as well as test them on a special server!
Steel Championship is back!
What's' summer in the Wasteland without the traditional post-apocalyptic football championship? Get ready for rated leagues, intense matches and new unique rewards, among which are backgrounds for banners, decor, paints and a trial CK for wheels!
Reworked mechanics, affecting the first experience and tutorials for new players.
- With this update, we plan to significantly rework the in-game system for teaching new players, their starting progression, limits on the installation of a certain number of parts.
- We are planning to change the set of daily tasks. The total amount of scrap metal will not change, but the updated format will facilitate the process of adapting players to the new world.
- We plan to remove the missions: “Get the cabin!”, “Get the shotgun!”, “Get the machine gun!”, “Get the cannon!” and “Get the Wheels!”
- Instead of the above missions, we will add the task "Get scrap metal!"
- Parts of common rarity from the removed missions can be obtained through crafting on a faction workbench.
- Some in-game mechanics will unlock to the player gradually, as their reputation increases with the Engineers faction. Among them:
- Part upgrades
- Clan battles
- Receiving and exchanging Engineer badges.
- Upon reaching certain levels of reputation with factions, the player will get the option of free rent for “rare” workbenches to craft one part.
New CK mechanics
With the update 0.10.70, the already announced new CK mechanics will come into force:
- Now, one CK can be applied to an unlimited number of parts, whose appearance it changes.
- The CK can be “removed” from parts at any time (outside the battlefield).
- It will be possible to apply CK to both permanent and temporary parts.
- The compensation for the “extra” CKs is also being considered. We will share the details in the upcoming news.
In the upcoming update, the survivors will face off in heated battles for a strategically important base in the centre of a vast crater.
The map is an open area, the main advantage of which is excellent visibility from any position. The main landmark is a crater occupying an ample space on the map. The bridge on the edge of the map helps in navigation and allows for manoeuvring under it and between the columns. The central zone is the most open part of the map with a capture point inside. In the centre of the crater, you can see the nomad tech, serving as cover for those capturing the point.
Also, we plan to add updated maps "Fortress" and "Nameless Tower" to game servers, whose landscape has been substantially reworked and smoothed.
Premium subscription (formerly “New scanner”)
- Now “New Scanner” will be called “Premium Subscription”. The functionality of the product will not change.
- New product variants will appear:
- For 3 days.
- For 7 days.
- For 30 days.
- For 90 days.
- For 360 days.
We plan to include new maps from among existing ones in the rotation of some brawls and Bedlam.
In the Invasion we plan to:
- Update the map "El Diablo Gorge".
- Replace one tower with three towers with a shared durability pool.
- Hand out guaranteed ammunition from each enemy destroyed.
In clan battles, we plan to reduce the duration of the introductory video, as well as to realize the accurate scoring for actions during the decisive round.
Let's move over to planned balance changes. Here's what's expected for the upcoming updates:
The cabin's power, its tonnage and the maximum mass will increase.
Developer comment: It is not a secret that among “medium” cabs there are those that are closer in their parameters to light ones and those that are closer to heavy cabins. With these changes, we would like to shift the “Ghost” towards heavier cabins capable of carrying more parts. We will monitor how changes affect the efficiency of the cabin and will be ready to make additional changes.
- The radius of the cabin's damage boost perk will increase.
- At the same time, additional damage will be slightly reduced.
Developer comment: The current situation is such that the cabin's perk is challenging to implement with such close-range weapons as shotguns, due to its insufficient range. We would like to make using perks easier for the owners of "Howl" and shotguns, and therefore we increase its radius. This change will require a small reduction in bonus damage to compensate for increased efficiency.
Accuracy and range of the revolver will be increased.
Developer comment: Changes from the previous update had a positive effect on the revolver, but statistics show that it needs additional improvements. Increasing the accuracy and range of fire will have a positive impact on the gun, and it will be more consistent with its role as an accurate revolver.
Plasma gun “Quasar”
Improved physical model of the weapon.
The maximum bonus damage from the perk of the minigun will be gained faster.
Developer comment: In its current version, the maximum benefit from the perk of the "Arbiter" is quite tricky to use. The maximum increase in damage is accumulated slowly and requires the player to have a lot of experience and to choose the right position. The change simplifies this task and increases the efficiency of the minigun, but it is still worth remembering that the "Arbiter" is not a weapon for the front line. Competent choice of position in a team battle is one of the keys to success with miniguns.
The minigun's durability will increase.
Developer comment: The previous increase in the durability of the minigun naturally increased the effectiveness of the weapon in battle, but its survival rate in the average fight still does not meet our expectations. Extra durability is meant to solve this problem.
The weapon's perk will change. Now the shotgun will have only one rotation-stopping charge, but to accumulate it, it will be enough to drive only 100 m.
Developer comment: we consider gameplay with shotguns as constant movement and manoeuvring close to the enemy. Given this, we have reworked the perk of the "Hammerfall". Now players can accumulate charges in the heat of battles and continue to control the enemy. Previously, this was difficult because of the considerable distance that needed to be driven to get a new charge.
Plasma gun “Pulsar”
The reload time of the gun will slightly increase.
Developer comment: The combination of serious damage and excellent durability provides the Pulsar with increased efficiency compared to other "legendary" weapons. A slight increase in the reload time of the gun will reduce the total damage dealt by cars with "Pulsars" in battle, and will allow you to balance the weapon relative to other arms of the same rarity.
Pulse accelerator “Scorpion”
The gun will no longer ignore the permeability of parts.
Developer comment: Against the background of the latest changes in "Scorpion" which increased its efficiency, we believe that the possibility of destroying frames with one shot is a somewhat controversial mechanic. If explosive modules can be efficiently armoured, the frames are almost always more vulnerable and visible. As a result, with a single Scorpion hit to the frame, the car loses the ability to move and becomes useless. The weapon still has massive alpha damage and accuracy, as well as a unique feature that allows precise shots to destroy barrels, generators and ammunition. We believe that this is precisely what its perk should be, and the gun itself should not be an exception in the mechanics of part penetration.
Hovers ”Icarus IV” and “Icarus VII”
Now hovers are more intensively stopping the inertia of the armoured car.
Developer comment: With this change, we want to improve the handling of hover cars and, at the same time, minimize the situations when such cars could climb into places on the maps inaccessible to other players and be virtually invulnerable against certain types of armoured vehicles.
All non-tradable decor will no longer occupy space in the warehouse.
In addition to the above changes, we also plan to make several improvements and add new features in the game interface and sound settings, as well as fix many known errors.
We remind you that all the new features and changes described in this news item are still in testing and may be changed before they are introduced into the game or may not make it into the game at all.
Launch of a special test server
To test all planned revisions, we invite you to a special test server. Test balanced changes, and then share your impressions and opinions in this particular topic (it will be opened sometime after the test server is launched).
How to get to the test server?
If you have already participated in testing on a special server, then it will be enough to start the Launcher from the folder with the test client and wait for the update to complete.
- Create a new folder for the game on your hard drive.
- Download the Launcher from this link. The file name should not contain numbers indicating that the file is a duplicate. Please note that you should launch the file that does not contain any digits (1), (2), etc. in its name. If, when starting the installed Launcher, you get to the live game servers, you need to delete all downloaded launchers from the download folder and try again.
- Start the Launcher and install the game to the folder you created (for example D:\Public test\Crossout).
- After the installation is complete, start the Launcher and enter the game with your username and password.
- The whole progress of your main account will be transferred to the main server (including parts in storage and levels of reputation in factions).
- After logging in to the server to transfer the progress from your account, you must press the “Esc” key and select “Copy account data”.
- Please note the schedule of the test server:
- Friday, July 12, 2019: from 14:00 to 19:00 (GMT)
- Saturday, July 13, 2019, from 15:00 to 18:00 (GMT)
- Sunday, July 14, 2019, from 15:00 to 18:00 (GMT)
- Any progress you make on the test server will not be transferred to the live game servers (INCLUDING ATTEMPTS TO BUY PACKS).