[PC] Crossout 0.10.40
Survivors! In this update we are introducing a number of important balance changes and tweaks to raid mechanics. And April 1 is close, which means it's time to answer the now-common question for this day in the Wasteland: “Dude, where'd you get the car?”
Dude, where'd you get the car?
Especially for the “Day of humour and practical jokes” we prepared and updated our special brawl, that everyone can take part in. We remind you that when it comes to the conditions necessary for victory, it's almost identical to the familiar “Big black scorpions”. The surprise in this mode is that you will fight on random and unusual armoured vehicles, which were selected by us from the exhibition! So do not be surprised if you have to fight on a stove against a dragon, and after your destruction and rebirth you will turn into a pram armed to the (milk) teeth :)
- Players fight on random armoured vehicles selected from the exhibition.
- After each destruction, your armoured vehicle changes to another at random.
- The brawl ends when one of the Survivors destroys 10 armoured vehicles of the rivals or immediately after the allotted time has elapsed.
- Only successful fights do count in your progress towards each reward.
- A fight counts as "successful" if you are ranked from 1 to 4.
Tasks and rewards
This time, you can get new rewards: unique stickers that will convey the emotions of your craft. Is it going to be an evil look with a predatory grin or the joy of the destruction of your opponents? The choice is yours.
Attention! After completing each of the tasks the victory counter is reset. In order to complete the next task and get the next reward you should achieve the mentioned number of victories again.
- 2 stickers of common rarity “Anticipation 2” — for 1 victory in a brawl
- 2 stickers of common rarity “Joy 1” — for 1 victory in a brawl
- 2 “rare” stickers “Passion 1” — for 2 victories in a brawl.
- 2 “rare” stickers “Passion 2” — for 3 victories in a brawl.
- 2 “rare” stickers “Anticipation 1” — for 4 victories in a brawl.
- 2 “rare” stickers “Anger 1” — for 5 victories in a brawl.
- 2 “rare” stickers “Anger 2” — for 6 victories in a brawl.
- 2 “rare” stickers “Joy 2” — for 7 victories in a brawl.
- 2 “rare” stickers “Grief 1” — for 8 victories in a brawl.
- 2 “rare” stickers “Grief 2” — for 9 victories in a brawl.
- 2 stickers of epic rarity “Hatred 1” — for 10 victories in a brawl.
- 2 stickers of epic rarity “Hatred 2” — for 12 victories in a brawl.
Attention! After completing a task, the victory counter is reset! All the prize stickers are unique and non-tradeable. The event will last from the 28 of March till the 3 of April.
A new time-limited pack of stickers “Merry stickers”
The pack is available for purchase in the in-game store's “Appearance” tab. The pack includes the following stickers:
- “Roadside Picnic”
- “Wrong turn”
- “Dress! Ten-hut!”
- “On the road”
- "Tenderness. Love. Scrapyard."
One day, Ivy XO discovered that an anonymous fan painted the gate and all the walls of the garage with hilarious pictures. Those Engineers, whom she showed the drawings, also laughed for a long time, easily recognizing the power players of this world.
In order not to spoil relations with other factions, Ivy ordered the garage to be repainted. But freedom-loving engineers managed to save the drawings in the form of stickers. And now they tease their leader by sticking merry stickers on their armoured vehicles.
Attention! The kit will be available for purchase from March 28 to April 3
Sounds and music
With the update 0.10.40 we are adding an additional audio setting “Dynamic Range”, which improves the sound of the game and allows you to customize the sound at any time, depending on your needs:
- “Normal”. Everything is as simple as possible here. These are the audio settings that all survivors are used to. By choosing this option, you will keep your familiar sound environment.
- “Advanced”. It can also be called HDR Audio (High Dynamic Range). This is the mode in which the sound system dynamically changes the volume of the sounds in the game so that the loud sounds (the more important ones) sound even brighter, more powerful and clear. For example, in the case when an ally nearby passes through the bushes, and a projectile from a cannon hits you at that very moment, you will only hear the projectile hit. Such dynamic range expansion systems have been used successfully in many 3D shooters. It is recommended to use extended dynamic range on high-quality Hi-Fi systems.
- “Night”. Cannot use your headphones, but at the same time you do not want to disturb the people around you with the sounds of the game? Then the “Night” mode is definitely your choice! Thanks to this mode, the loud sounds become quieter, and the quiet ones remain at the same level, which makes it possible even at the minimum volume level to hear everything that happens around without risking disturbing those who are nearby. Also this option will be useful for players using the acoustics built into the monitor or laptop.
At the moment we are testing new settings and we invite you to try them with us. You can share your feedback in the update discussion and the topic with the “pro and contra”, which will be opened later. In case of any difficulties associated with the new settings, please post a bug report here. This will help us quickly find the source of the problem and fix it.
Added sound effects that indicate the perks of the Echo and Favourite cabins are ready to activate.
Now at the start of the battle in “Custom battle”, the players by default are in the chat channel “Custom battle”. All participants can write to the channel, including spectators.
- Now raids can be fought by just one survivor or by groups of 2 or 3 survivors. The number of players in each case will depend on the waiting time in the queue. Raider difficulty will be automatically adjusted according to the selected difficulty level and the number of players in the raid.
- Added elite enemies to easy raids. Later we plan to add some new challenges based on elite enemies in easy raids.
Gone in two minutes
- For the targets that need to be destroyed to advance through the scenario, we added special markers.
- The mechanics of picking up cargo have changed:
- To get the cargo, players need to fight with hostile raiders.
- Some raiders in the location will drop cargo crates when destroyed.
- In order to move the cargo to the truck, just drive up to them and press the interaction key. The cargo will automatically be moved to the truck.
- Now in this scenario, instead of collecting cargo, you need to drive up to generators and activate them.
- After activating a generator, survivors need to protect the tower from raiders.
The war for fire
- Now, instead of collecting energy elements, survivors need to hold off raiders and activate 2 generators protected by them to start the tower.
- After disabling the tower, survivors will have to protect the truck with fuel from raider reinforcements.
- If the truck is successfully protected, it starts moving to the evacuation point. The objective of the survivors is to prevent the enemy from destroying the truck and escort it to the destination.
- Now, to destroy the gate survivors need to defeat 2 enemy turrets that protect it.
- After the survivors reached the cargo, they will have to destroy the enemy's turrets and prevent the cargo from the incoming raider reinforcements.
- To complete the raid, survivors need to take out the cargo and hold off the last reinforcements led by the gang leader. Each group member can pick up the cargo. To successfully complete the raid, at least one player has to take the cargo to the evac point.
- Increased turrets view range and damage dealt by them.
The last convoy
- The mechanic with the collection of 4 cargo crates for the destruction of the gate is removed.
- Now the truck will stop near each of the 2 generators that need to be enabled and overloaded to destroy the gate.
- After the gate is destroyed, survivors need to escort the truck to the target and protect it while it’s prepared for the explosion.
- The boss is not going to like this interference! To successfully complete the raid you have to defeat him and his sidekicks in battle!
- Removed the mechanic of using 3 units of explosives for the destruction of the tower.
- Instead, to damage the tower, survivors must disable 3 generators providing the tower’s operation.
- Now, when fighting the boss, survivors need to activate explosives (press the interaction button) for dealing damage to the tower.
Leviathans are now able to use the perks of the Favorite and Echo cabins.
- Added the ability to replay harder versions of some tasks from the Awakening storyline.
- Completing challenging tasks is only possible with the fully completed “Awakening” storyline.
- When resetting progress in “Awakening”, the ability to perform harder tasks becomes inaccessible until the completion of the storyline chain.
- Every day at the location there is a point where you can go to replay one specific mission.
- After the memory is completed, the point disappears from the location and reappears the next day.
- The player can replay memories in a group in which he is not a leader.
- The first completion of the mission memory brings the full reward (just like the first completion of the same task in the storyline “Awakening”).
- Repeated passage of memories brings a smaller reward, by analogy with the storyline tasks of the “Awakening”.
- Now raiders from different factions can fight each other, defending their territory.
Added a new weekly task: “Complete the task-memory once”. Reward: 50 Engineer badges.
Please, pay attention that the new task will appear on the list on the 1st of April!
- Shotgun “Hammerfall”.
Changed the perk. Its new version: “Every 200 m, passed by the car, give 1 charge, which is spent when fired and is guaranteed to turn off the rotation of the enemy's weapon for 0.5 s. Maximum 2 charges. ”
- Grenade launcher “GL-55 Impulse”.
Changed the perk. The new version: “While the car is not moving, the weapon overheats 25% slower.”
Developer comment: We would like to phase out perks with random triggers, because they do not allow the player to fully control their actions in battle. After the changes of “Hammerfall” and “Impulse” the player will always be able to assess the situation and use the perks when he needs to.
- Shotgun “Breaker”.
Weapon durability increased from 360 to 430 units.
Developer comment: at the moment, the effectiveness of the new shotgun “Breaker” is significantly lower than that of other relic weapons. This shotgun unjustifiably quickly gets destroyed in battles, and that is what we consider to be its weakest side. The increase in durability will allow to balance this weapon relative to other relic parts and to increase its performance.
- Melee weapon “Harvester”.
Changed the perk. The new version: “Deals 120% more damage to enemies under the influence of negative effects, as well as the heated parts of the car.”
Developer comment: The main problem associated with “Harvesters” is their use at low PS and high efficiency of the gun in such battles. Our task is to reduce its effectiveness at low PS and maintain current performance at medium and high PS. The use of additional weapons applying negative effects automatically increases the PS of the entire assembly and moves the craft to battles with machines that can provide decent resistance.
Please note that the perk of the “Harvester” will not work on towers and pumpjacks in raids and “Adventure”.
- Tracks and augers.
Increased reverse speed. Now the reverse speed on tracks and augers corresponds to the forward speed on these movement parts.
Developer comment: We continue to move in the direction of increasing the dynamics of battles and ease of movement on various movement parts. Thanks to the changes, crafts with tracks and augers will not lose so much in dynamics to cars with faster movement parts.
- Radar “Oculus VI”.
Added the display of “Kapkan” mines and approximate location of invisible enemies on the map and mini-map if they are within range of the radar.
Developer comment: We believe that it is quite difficult to fight with invisible enemies at the moment, focusing only on the radar animation. The change will allow you to see the approximate location of invisible enemies within range of the Oculus, on the map and mini-map, which will allow more efficient use of the radar.
Now a hit from the cannon “CC-18 Typhoon” to the shield “Aegis-Prime” does not impose a negative effect on the car.
- Added the option to hide chat messages that contain blueprints from the exhibition. To hide such messages, you must activate the option “Hide messages with blueprints” in the chat settings.
- The window “Contact list: friends and black list” now has new options (the gear in the top right):
- In the “Privacy” section you can toggle accepting friend invites
- The option “Block all incoming invites” will automatically decline all the accumulated and unreviewed friend requests.
- The function “Show welding points” has been added to the part characteristics window (“F” key).
- Added the corresponding icons n the technology tree for the parts obtained from packs or during in-game events.
- Added sounds that are characteristic for moving around pebbles and rubble.
- Optimized a number of graphical effects.
- Glazed windows in the Survivor’s garage (standard version of the garage).
- The paintable area of the “Howl” cabin surface has been increased.
- The cockpit model “Howl” was improved with “CK McCampbell” applied to it.
- Fixed a bug related to bouncing crafts that have at least 1 hover installed in the middle.
- Fixed a bug related to various sound artifacts during the shell shock sound effect.
- Fixed a bug where the application for membership in the clan was saved, if the player has already been accepted into the clan through the in-game chat.
- Fixed a bug in which it was proposed to improve the level 3 turret in the “Frontier defence” raid or repair a fully repaired turret.
- Fixed a bug where the “Lancelot” spears with “CK Viper” applied to them could be installed into each other.
- Now, when teams have 1 player left, and one player destroys another with the help of self-detonation, the victory is always awarded to the team whose player destroyed the enemy by self-detonation.
- Fixed a bug with incorrect display of the “RD-2 Keen” part.
- Fixed a bug related to incorrect animation of the movement of armoured vehicles with tracks (crafs tilted forward).
- Fixed a bug with incorrect display of shadows in the game.
- Fixed a bug with the lack of the effect of fire puddles from the “Porcupine” barrels installed on Raiders' cars in “Adventure”.
- Fixed a bug related to incorrect display of markers in the clan list.
- Fixed a bug related to incorrect display of the animation of the base capture icon.
- Fixed display of self-destruct bulbs in the Echo cabin.
- Fixed a bug related to the disappearance of one of the surveillance cameras in “Adventure” at a certain position of the player’s camera.
- Fixed the bug associated with minimizing the game with the “Alt-Tab” combination in the “Windowed (full screen)” screen mode.
- Now the bolts of the Phoenix crossbow are attached to the cameras in “Adventure” and destroy them.
- Now in spectator mode, the speedometer correctly shows the current speed of the player you are watching.
- Improved a number of texts and descriptions.
This patchnote reveals all the key in-game changes and doesn't include all the fixes. Changes, that are aimed at improvement of Crossout, appear constantly and may not require their own patch.
Small Update 29.03.19
- Fixed a number of bugs in the raid “Perimeter breach”:
- Fixed the difficulty of bruisers (officers) and ringleaders
- Reduced the number of bruisers
- Fixed raider spawn points on the map “Cursed mines”.
- Fixed environment object positions on the map “Lost Coast”.
- Fixed a bug with the incorrect distribution of players among regions.
- Fixed a bug with the incorrect link to in-game special offers.
- Fixed the incorrect display of team rosters in battle.
- Fixed a bug with the missing information about the cost of quick purchase/sale of parts.