Scopes built into the cabins. Test server
Today we offer you to test an unusual new feature: the scopes that are built into the cabins. Let’s take a brief look at what it is.
We remind you that all the new features described in this news are not final and may be changed before they are introduced into the game or may not be implemented into the game at all.
At the moment, there is a wide variety of weapons in the game that are designed for medium range combat. In the current version of the game, targeting important parts of the enemy vehicle is not as easy as it may seem.
The scopes that exist in the game are not very popular, and they are simply inconvenient to use. Moving the camera directly to the scope after activating it often forces the player to expose the module, making it extremely vulnerable. Players who try to more or less protect the scope also encounter problems when parts of their own armoured car block the view and interfere with the gameplay.
What is planned to be done:
All cabins in the game receive a built-in scope of small magnification. It brings the camera a little closer to the target, without shifting the viewpoint, which will be enough for most weapons designed for medium range combat. You can activate it with the “shift” key or with the mouse wheel. The key responsible for the scope is configured via the weapon groups window.
The existing scope-modules will now enhance the built-in cabin scope. This means that the module itself will now increase the magnification of the standard scope zoom (in the case of “TS-1 Horizon”) and will highlight the vulnerable parts of the enemy’s armoured vehicle (in the case of “Neutrino”). The camera position will not change depending on the location of the scope module on the vehicle, which means that you can hide and protect the modules in any way you want.
If the module is destroyed, the increased magnification and/or highlight of vulnerable vehicle parts become unavailable, and you only have the option of using a standard scope.
One more weapon group is added specifically for the scopes (the standard one and the modules). This means that you don’t have to make a compromise and combine weapons or modules into one group in order to use the scope.
Zooming in with a scope built into a cabin:
Zooming in with the “TS-1 Horizon” scope (in-game interface turned off):
Zooming in with the “Neutrino” scope (in-game interface turned off):
Please note that the mechanics is in its testing stage, and it’s extremely important for us to know your opinion about this new feature:
- Has it become simpler for you to play during mid-range combat? Is the zoom of a built-in scope enough for you?
- Have you tried mounting the “Horizon” and “Neutrino” scopes and comparing their effectiveness combined with the built-in ones? Considering the fact that now these scopes can be hidden and protected, is there something that prevents you from using them?
After the testing, be sure to share your thoughts with us in the comments or in the special feedback thread.
How to get to the test server?
If you have already participated in testing on a special server, then it will be enough to start the Launcher from the folder with the test client and wait for the update to complete.
- Create a new folder for the game on your hard drive.
- Download the Launcher from this link. The file name should not contain numbers indicating that the file is a duplicate. Please note that you should launch the file that does not contain any digits (1), (2), etc. in its name. If, when starting the installed launcher, you get to the live game servers, you need to delete all downloaded launchers from the download folder and try again.
- Start the Launcher and install the game to the folder you created (for example: D:\Public test\Crossout).
- After the installation is complete, start the Launcher and enter the game with your username and password.
- The whole progress of your main account will be transferred to the main server (including parts in storage and levels of reputation in factions).
- After logging into the server, to transfer progress from your account, press the “Esc” key and select “Copy account data”.
- Please note the schedule of the test server:
- Thursday, December 23, 2021: from 12:00 to 19:00 (GMT time)
- Friday, December 24, 2021 from 13:00 to 19:00 (GMT time)
- Saturday, December 25, 2021 from 13:00 to 19:00 (GMT time)
- Any progress you make on the test server will not be transferred to the live game servers (INCLUDING ATTEMPTS TO BUY PACKS).
After testing the changes, we invite you to leave your constructive feedback on the planned rework in THIS THREAD (it will open a bit later after the launch of the test server).
You can report all issues found on the test server here.
The public test server is intended only for testing of the upcoming update, and may not accommodate all players without exception. However, absolutely anyone can join the server, as long as there are free spots.