Preliminary information on the Crossout update 0.11.50 “Steel Championship”. Mass testing
Hello there, survivors!
Next week we will see the start of the “Steel Championship”. But we're not just here to talk about football! In this update, you will also find: a new PvP map, new raiders of Dawn's Children faction, modified perks of several relic weapons and the return of the Leviathans to clan battles! But first things first.
We remind you that all the new features described in the “Developer blog” are not final and may be changed before they are introduced into the game or may not make it into the game at all. You can study all the planned changes in detail on the special test server!
The closer summer was, the more questions and wishes for football to return we received. For this update, we took into account your wishes and improved the football arena to get rid of cases when the car could get caught in the ramps installed around the entire perimeter. The changes also affected lighting. You've got to admit, it is always interesting to look at the familiar location in different conditions!
For the start of the championship, we also reworked the rewards system. Now, when moving from league to league, you will receive a certain number of Steel Championship badges. You can exchange the received badges and resources for the rewards that you need. It is planned that the range will include both rewards from past football events and new ones. We plan to make all new rewards from the event workbench tradeable. Was anyone expecting new paint colours? Now is your time!
As a bonus, those survivors who can reach the platinum and diamond leagues will get additional rewards in the form of a unique horn and “Fan Duck”.
New PvP map “Ravagers foothold”
The territory is adjacent to Naukograd and the Ashen ring, and their gloomy outlines can be seen from afar. It is safe to say that once upon a time the Ravagers were here. The area is covered with traces of their presence. The landscape is cut by three bottomless pits of unknown purpose. Whoever built them didn't care much for safety. Many survivors got careless and fell in. For those in the know, the pits look like a giant cooling system that might be needed in an underground Ashen ring laboratory. But how far from the truth this idea is, no one can tell yet.
Already dealt with the Firestarters and expecting new challenges? Dawn's Children raiders are on their way! And we are sure that the Steppenwolf raiders will come soon enough.
Punisher and Breaker
A lot of questions, a lot of suggestions and here's the result — new perks for relic machine guns and shotguns are almost ready!
Let's start with the Punisher. Now, “Successfully landing 40 shots increases damage by 100% for 5 seconds and reduces spread to a minimum. A miss resets the successful hit counter”. To balance the machine gun with the new perk, we reduce the damage it deals by 15% as a test.
Let us turn to the Breaker. You can say that the shotgun has had a “second start”! In the new version of the perk, the hit, which was supposed to destroy the shotgun, leaves it with 1 unit of durability and makes the shotgun invulnerable to any damage for the next 1.5 seconds. The ability can trigger once every 40 seconds. In addition, we also increased the shotgun's damage by 5%.
Please note that all the exact values given in the new weapon perks are temporary and may still change before the release of the update.
Leviathans in clan battles
Finally, here's something that many often asked for in clan battles. Leviathans return to clan battles!
As a test within a few weeks, we plan to replace usual battles with leviathan battles. If such a format proves to be a good addition to the mode, then we will consider options for its inclusion in the schedule.
The rules remain the same: the leader of the group enters the battle on a leviathan, all other players use their regular slot vehicles. But there are also innovations: now each leviathan will have unique abilities that allow it to temporarily accelerate or boost the reloading of all weapons. And the attack targets will be chosen depending on the opponent that the owner of the iron monster is aiming at.
Today we offer you to test:
- New map “Ravagers foothold”
- New perks of the “Breaker” shotgun and “Punisher” machine gun
- Previously announced changes to ”wedges”.
Please note that wedge edits, as well as related visual and sound effects, are not yet final and may not be included in the upcoming update. Today we share a test version with you and, based on the test results, we are expecting your feedback and comments in a special thread.
The main points of current changes to “wedges”:
- Now, when raising an enemy vehicle, its mass is taken into account as part of the mass of your vehicle.
- If the total mass of two cars exceeds the tonnage of the “wedge”, its acceleration is greatly reduced.
- If the total mass of two vehicles exceeds the weight limit of the “wedge”, the damage is dealt to its running gear.
- The weight that is added to the weight of the “wedge” depends on whether the enemy has contact with the ground.
- What kind of movement parts will receive damage depends on the location of the raised car. The farther the movement parts get from the raised car, the less damage they receive.
- In the case of hover cars, additional weight is added only when the “wedge” moves, and the hovercraft flies over it.
- In the case of cars with mechanical legs, additional weight is added only when the “wedge” contacts the frame of such a car. We are currently working to ensure that the total weight is taken into account when contacting the legs themselves.
How to get to the test server?
If you have ever participated in testing features on a special server, then just start the Launcher from the folder with the test client and wait for the update to complete.
- Create a new folder for the game on your hard drive.
- Download the Launcher from this link. The file name should not contain numbers indicating that the file is a duplicate. Please note that you should launch the file that does not contain any digits (1), (2), etc. in its name. If, when starting the installed launcher, you are logged into the live game servers, you need to delete all downloaded launchers from the download folder and try again.
- Start the Launcher and install the game into the folder you created (for example D:\Public test\Crossout).
- After the installation is complete, start the Launcher and log into the game with your username and password.
- The progress of your main account will be transferred to the test server (including parts in storage and levels of reputation with factions).
- After logging into the server, to transfer progress from your account, press the “Esc” key and select “Copy account data”.
- Please note the schedule of the test server:
- Friday, June 26, 2020 from 13:00 to 19:00 (GMT)
- Saturday, June 27, 2020 from 13:00 to 19:00 (GMT)
- Sunday, June 28, 2020 from 13:00 to 19:00 (GMT)
- Any progress you make on the test server will not be transferred to the live game servers (INCLUDING ATTEMPTS TO BUY PACKS).
After testing the changes, we invite you to leave your constructive feedback on the planned rework in THIS THREAD (it will open a bit later after the launch of the test server).
You can report all issues found on the test server here.
The public test server is intended only for testing of the upcoming update, and may not accommodate all players without exception. However, absolutely anyone can join the server, as long as there are free spots.