Planned balance and other changes. Mass testing
Once again, we are happy to invite you to the test server, survivors! This time we offer you balance tweaks, as well as other changes that are planned for the future update.
Please note that all the features and changes described in this news are preliminary and may still be changed before the final release on the game servers.
Balance tweaks (for test server)
Reloading speed increased by 17% (from 3 to 2.5 seconds).
Developer comment: “Nidhogg” is a good single-shot shotgun, which, unfortunately, is lost against the background of other legendary guns. We decided to bring its reload speed in line with “Junkbow” and “Fafnir”. Now it reloads a little faster, which is often critical in close range battles.
Damage reduced by 10%.
Developer comment: The “Goblin” consumes only 2 energy points, deals not only gunshot, but also melee damage, and is also protected from these types of damage. All this led to the fact that the shotgun was too effective compared to other weapons of its rarity. A small reduction in gunshot damage will balance this difference.
Machine Gun “Punisher”
- Durability increased by 19% (from 340 to 400 units).
- Damage increased by 6%.
Developer comment: As in the case of “Breaker”, the effectiveness of the “Punisher” does not correspond to the indicators we expected. Now we are making small corrections to the durability and damage of the gun and evaluate how they will affect its effectiveness. If necessary, additional changes may be made.
Plasma gun “Pulsar”
Durability reduced by 9% (from 850 to 770 units)
Developer comment: After changing the physical models of some guns, the survival rate of the “Pulsars” in battles has increased. In order for the gun to match the rest of the legendary guns, we compensate for this with a small decrease in durability.
Reloading speed increased by 18% (from 6 to 5 seconds).
Developer comment: The new item from the latest visit of the knechte came out interesting, but not as effective as we wanted. In order to align the performance parameters of the new revolver relative to other “rare” parts, we slightly increase its reload speed.
Autocannon “AC64 Joule”
Durability increased by 11% (from 180 to 200 units).
Developer comment: The mechanics of the unique “Joule” perk is interesting and adds variety to the gameplay with autocannons, makes the player move and get closer to opponents. But, unfortunately, the current effectiveness of the gun is below average. This is largely due to low survival. Therefore, we are increasing its durability.
Damage reduced by 20%.
Developer comment: The effectiveness of these spears still does not match the declared rarity. We reduce their damage to balance them relatively other “epic” parts and increase the chances of other cars to survive after contacting spears builds.
Invisibility Modules “Chameleon” and “Chameleon Mk2”
Now the speed of the vehicle in invisibility affects the visibility of its silhouette. The faster the car goes, the greater the distance its silhouette is visible.
Developer comment: Now the invisibility module gives a great advantage on the battlefield. For 1 unit of energy, it allows you to hide from view or shorten the distance to the enemy, ignoring the environment. With the help of updated mechanics, we would like to make the game with invisibility modules more dependent on the skills of the players and their ability to plan their actions in advance.
Reduced speed and increased turning radius
Developer comment: Now, “Goliaths” are extremely effective tracks that are often used at relatively low PS rates. Their high durability and good manoeuvrability make many armoured vehicles with them practically invulnerable in some cases. We reduce the speed of their rotation on the spot, which will allow light and quick craft to use their advantage in speed and manoeuvrability in the battle with cars on the “Goliaths”.
In addition, we:
- Updated the appearance of geysers on the “Naukograd” map and increased their momentum at the request of the players who participated in the first test.
- Added 2 quick messages “Thank you!” and “Watch out!” to existing ones.
Also, we’re working on changes regarding radars. It’s possible that we’ll conduct another test prior the update to show you the result. These changes are not connected with the in-game HUD.
How to get to the test server?
If you have already participated in testing on a special server, then it will be enough to start the Launcher from the folder with the test client and wait for the update to complete.
- Create a new folder for the game on your hard drive.
- Download the Launcher from this link. The file name should not contain numbers indicating that the file is a duplicate. Please note that you should launch the file that does not contain any digits (1), (2), etc. in its name. If, when starting the installed launcher, you get to the live game servers, you need to delete all downloaded launchers from the download folder and try again.
- Start the Launcher and install the game to the folder you created (for example D:\Public test\Crossout).
- After the installation is complete, start the Launcher and enter the game with your username and password.
- The whole progress of your main account will be transferred to the main server (including parts in storage and levels of reputation in factions).
- After logging in to the server to transfer the progress from your account, you must press the “Esc” key and select “Copy account data”.
- Please note the schedule of the test server:
- Friday, November 29, 2019: from 13:00 to 19:00 (GMT time)
- Saturday, November 30, 2019 from 15:00 to 18:00 (GMT)
- Sunday, December 1, 2019 from 15:00 to 18:00 (GMT)
- Any progress you make on the test server will not be transferred to the live game servers (INCLUDING ATTEMPTS TO BUY PACKS).
After testing the changes, we invite you to leave your constructive feedback on the planned rework in THIS THREAD (it will open a bit later after the launch of the test server).
You can report all issues found on the test server here.
The public test server is intended only for testing of the upcoming update, and may not accommodate all players without exception. However, absolutely anyone can join the server, as long as there are free spots.