New map “Naukograd”. Mass testing
Greetings to all survivors! Today we are launching a test server where you will be among the first to try the new Naukograd map!
The map is a city abandoned after old flooding. The main objects on it are partially destroyed panel houses, forming local arenas for battles. The memorable element is the geysers in the centre of the map. It is thanks to them that the geothermal station, also located in the centre, works. Geysers can fundamentally change the course of the battle. They block the view for the enemy, they can destroy drones and missiles flying through them during the discharge of water. And, of course, toss and rollover light armoured vehicles.
In the centre of the map is a Geothermal plant, with an abundance of cover, water and geysers inside the complex and along the outer perimeter. The zone will often serve as a place for local collisions of manoeuvrable vehicles, as it’s easy to go anywhere on the map, and this is the shortest way to the enemy base.
If you do not want to go through the middle, then there are always options for detours along the perimeter of the map: through housing complexes or along the monorail. Along the way, you will encounter a sufficient number of sniper positions and sites for viewing and orientation on the ground.
Please, pay attention that the map is not in its final state yet and we also plan to improve visual effects of geysers.
Apart from the new map, you will also get the opportunity to test the new vertical booster mounting.
Also: try adding each other as friends on the test server, start test-drive and see what happens.
How to get to the test server?
If you have already participated in testing on a special server, then it will be enough to start the Launcher from the folder with the test client and wait for the update to complete.
- Create a new folder for the game on your hard drive.
- Download the Launcher from this link. The file name should not contain numbers indicating that the file is a duplicate. Please note that you should launch the file that does not contain any digits (1), (2), etc. in its name. If, when starting the installed launcher, you get to the live game servers, you need to delete all downloaded launchers from the download folder and try again.
- Start the Launcher and install the game to the folder you created (for example D:\Public test\Crossout).
- After the installation is complete, start the Launcher and enter the game with your username and password.
- The whole progress of your main account will be transferred to the main server (including parts in storage and levels of reputation in factions).
- After logging in to the server to transfer the progress from your account, you must press the “Esc” key and select “Copy account data”.
- Please note the schedule of the test server:
- Friday, November 22, 2019: from 13:00 to 19:00 (GMT time)
- Saturday, November 23, 2019 from 15:00 to 18:00 (GMT)
- Sunday, November 24, 2019 from 15:00 to 18:00 (GMT)
- Any progress you make on the test server will not be transferred to the live game servers (INCLUDING ATTEMPTS TO BUY PACKS).
After testing the changes, we invite you to leave your constructive feedback on the planned rework in THIS THREAD (it will open a bit later after the launch of the test server).
You can report all issues found on the test server here.
The public test server is intended only for testing of the upcoming update, and may not accommodate all players without exception. However, absolutely anyone can join the server, as long as there are free spots.