Changes and new features in progress. Special test server
Hello to all survivors! Update 0.10.80 is scheduled for next week, which means that it's time to try out the main changes on a special test server. What awaits us this time?
Please note that all the features and changes described in this blog are preliminary and may still be changed before the final release on the game servers.
New brawls and the Chemical Plant map
After analyzing player feedback after the mass testing, we made some minor improvements both to the “Boar Fight” and “Big bad burners” brawls, as well as to the appearance of the new map. Join the server, evaluate the final (almost) versions of the modes and maps and share your opinion in a special topic. Speaking of modes: a new race track on the Wrath of Khan map has been added to the rotation of the Race brawl. You can check it out and prepare for the races through “Custom battle”.
Changes in PS for weapons and modules
Now the PS index of weapons and hardware of various rarities is calculated according to the following formula:
PS = part rarity modifier * amount of energy consumed (or, in the case of generators, provided)
Attention! If the part does not consume energy, then PS = part rarity modifier.
Rarity modifiers of hardware and weapons:
- Base rarity: 50
- Common rarity: 85
- Rare parts: 150
- Epic rarity: 235
- Legendary rarity: 400
- Relic rarity: 600
Thus, for example, the PS for a weapon of legendary rarity “Harvester” will be equal to: 400 * 4 = 1600 PS. The PS of the rare “ Hardcore” engine, which does not consume energy, will be equal to 150 PS.
Developer Comment: We agree with the majority of players that it is necessary to minimize the number of cases when a car consisting entirely of, for example, “common” and “rare” parts is encountered in a battle with a car with “legendary” and “relic” weapons. The updated system for calculating the power score of weapons and equipment will allow more efficient separation of such vehicles in different queues. We suggest you test the current version and share your thoughts on possible improvements in a special topic.
Course cannon “CC-18 Typhoon”
Gun damage reduced by 11%
Developer Comment: According to the latest statistics, the Typhoon surpasses all other relic weapons in its effectiveness. We strive to ensure that the parts of one rarity were as close to each other in this parameter as possible. Therefore, we slightly reduced the damage done by this gun.
Melee weapon “Harvester”
The perk of this weapon has been changed: “Deals 135% more damage to enemies under the influence of negative effects, as well as to heated parts of the vehicle”.
Developer Comment: At the moment, “Harvester” is one of the leaders in terms of efficiency among the “legendary” weapons. Changing its perk will allow the Harvester To return to the same level as the rest of the weapons of this rarity.
Weapon durability increased by 16% (from 310 to 360 units)
Developer Comment: Currently “Draco” is one of the least effective weapons of “legendary” rarity. One of the reasons for this lies in the fact that the flamethrower is extremely vulnerable and is one of the leaders in the conventional rate of fire among the “legendary” guns. Previously, we already improved the characteristics of “Draco”, but they were not enough. We increase its durability in order to achieve the proper survival of the weapon in battle.
Weapon durability increased by 15% (from 470 to 540 units)
Developer Comment: The main problem of “Firebug” is similar to the one that “Draco” experiences. For a short-range weapon with a large model, it does not have enough durability. As a result, you can be effective with a “Firebug” only with the help of “box” cars. The parameters of “Firebug” among all relic weapons leave much to be desired, despite the latest balance corrections for this weapon. Therefore, we are increasing its durability.
Hovers “Icarus IV” and “Icarus VII”
Modified the changes to inertia dampening of armored vehicles with hovers. Now hovers dampen the inertia of the armored car more strongly and should not climb up almost vertical surfaces.
In addition to the above, in the next update, we plan to make a number of improvements to the interface, update the sounds of machine guns “Aspect” and “M-38 Fidget”, change the mechanics of capturing the base in the PvP-scenario “Encounter” and fix a number of known issues.
How to get to the test server?
If you have already participated in testing on a special server, then it will be enough to start the Launcher from the folder with the test client and wait for the update to complete.
- Create a new folder for the game on your hard drive.
- Download the Launcher from this link. The file name should not contain numbers indicating that the file is a duplicate. Please note that you should launch the file that does not contain any digits (1), (2), etc. in its name. If, when starting the installed launcher, you get to the live game servers, you need to delete all downloaded launchers from the download folder and try again.
- Start the Launcher and install the game to the folder you created (for example: D:\Public test\Crossout).
- After the installation is complete, start the Launcher and enter the game with your username and password.
- The whole progress of your main account will be transferred to the main server (including parts in storage and levels of reputation in factions).
- After logging into the server, to transfer progress from your account, press the “Esc” key and select “Copy account data”.
- Please note the schedule of the test server:
- Friday, September 6, 2019: from 14:00 to 19:00 (GMT time)
- Saturday, September 7, 2019 from 15:00 to 18:00 (GMT)
- Sunday, September 8, 2019 from 15:00 to 18:00 (GMT)
- Any progress you make on the test server will not be transferred to the live game servers (INCLUDING ATTEMPTS TO BUY PACKS).
After testing the changes, we invite you to leave your constructive feedback on the planned rework in THIS THREAD (it will open a bit later after the launch of the test server).
You can report all issues found on the test server here.